Will provide technical expertise and assistance in implementing high quality laboratory services within the HIV care and treatment project in Nigeria, including laboratory capacity development at Global Fund project health facility sites.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- BSc in Laboratory sciences or related field with 7-9 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Or master’s degree in laboratory sciences or related field with 5-7 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Experience in the management of laboratory services, particularly health facility-based services, including quality assurance systems, laboratory analysis, and interpretation and reporting techniques based on best practices, quality management practices and safe work practices.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development organization preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required. Expertise in hematology, TB and blood safety issues will be an added advantage.