Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Education Coordinator will be responsible for technical leadership of the remedial education program in the assigned states, providing expertise in instruction, assessment, research, coaching, training and materials development. Working closely with the Technical Advisor and technical officers, S/he will ensure effective planning, delivery, monitoring and documentation of program interventions.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- Advanced degree in education with a concentration in literacy, mathematics, primary education, remedial education, language acquisition or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the primary education sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government, partners and/or local government structures and school settings.
- Proven expertise in literacy, mathematics, and/or remedial education.
- Experience in developing and producing of supplementary reading materials, math instructional materials workbooks, trainers’ and teachers’ guides and instructional materials to improve early grades reading.
- Ability to coordinate education interventions, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Strong leadership qualities and facilitation skills, including experience working with teachers to improve instructional practices.
- Experience in project reporting.
- Experience in teacher observation and coaching.