Assistant Technical Officer-PCR will be responsible for Viral Load & EID/DBS sample reception, logging, preparation and storage. His/her responsibility will also include data entry from the Viral Load and EID forms in the LIMS database, Perform DNA PCR assays and RNA PCR assays (VL) for the National program, Involved in programming, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of all PCR equipment, Involved in Documentation and storage of DBS samples and Viral Load specimen management, Involved in collating PCR data reports, Involved in putting together monthly supply requisitions for the PCR lab, filling of CRRIFF, Participates in Quality Assurance areas and is part of the accreditation team..
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
• BMLS in Laboratory sciences or related field with 8-10 years post national youth service experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
• Evidence of certification / trainings in Laboratory Quality Management System (international certification will be an added advantage)
• Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
• Knowledge of proficiency testing implementation and administration including PT data management.
• Knowledge of laboratory data management, use of data management software including excel and other advanced programs.
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications (MS word, Excel, power point etc)
• Knowledge of laboratory audit using a simple checklist (e.g WHO AFRO SLIPTA checklist / ISO 15189 checklist) as well as preparation of audit report.
• Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
Method of application: Please forward suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document from the date of publication to the e-mail addresses as detailed below: AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes 15 June 2020. AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
|Job Category||Temp Hire|